BEFORE YOU WATCH
You will hear the words below in the video. Read the words. Write a definition for any word you don't know.
WATCH AND LISTEN
Watch the video. As you listen, pause and write down any words you want to learn.
WHILE YOU LISTEN
As you listen, fill in the blanks using the adjectives below.
FOCUS ON EXPRESSIONS
Listen again. Notice when you hear the phrases below.
- They are bucking the SUV trend.
- There is nothing quite like it on the market.
- You can be guaranteed that there's nothing quite like it.
- The base car has 600 horsepower.
- Bollinger is taking preorders with delivery.
- These are appealing vehicles.
- The looks might be up for debate.
- The performance is definitely settled.
- The hybrid is rated at 41 miles per gallon.
- It's got a sleek new look.
- You can use your cell phone as a key.
- It's got a roomy interior.
- Who says fun is dead?
- I think it looks cool.
- It's got a really comfortable interior.
- Volkswagen is trying to kick the personality up a notch.
Make sentences with the verb below in the present simple affirmative.
- CEFR Level of Vocabulary: B1
- CEFR Level of Grammar: A1
Verb forms used:
- 375 present simple affirmative
- 68 infinitive
- 51 gerund
- 44 past simple affirmative
- 40 simple affirmative
- 37 present passive affirmative
- 30 conditional affirmative
- 24 present simple negative
- 23 present continuous affirmative
- 16 future simple affirmative