BEFORE YOU WATCH
You will hear the words below in the video. Read the words. Write a definition for any word you don't know.
WATCH AND LISTEN
Watch the video. As you listen, pause and write down any words you want to learn.
WHILE YOU LISTEN
As you listen, fill in the blanks using the adjectives below.
FOCUS ON EXPRESSIONS
Listen again. Notice when you hear the phrases below.
- The group owns not only the Volkswagen brand but many others
- The automaker released a version of the Golf called the GPI.
- Volkswagen did distinguish itself in the U.S.
- Volkswagen has admitted guilt to the emissions cheating scandal.
- The company is still reeling...
- The company doubled its first year production.
Make sentences with the verb below in the past simple affirmative.
- CEFR Level of Vocabulary: B1
- CEFR Level of Grammar: A2
Verb forms used:
- 61 past simple affirmative
- 57 present simple affirmative
- 22 gerund
- 18 infinitive
- 16 simple affirmative
- 12 present perfect affirmative
- 11 present passive affirmative
- 11 present continuous affirmative
- 6 past passive affirmative
- 5 conditional affirmative